Postmenopausal bleeding

Posted , 11 users are following.

Got to have scan tommorow worried sick

1 like, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Try not to worry I know its easier said then done, because I went through the samething w/post menopause bleeding and I praise God everything was good. Stay postive this has happen to many of us on here hugs!
    • Posted

Did you get scan result straight away or did result go to your gp x
    • Posted

I was given the result straight away by the sonographer, but my GP was surprised by that as he said they often don't.  He wasn't aware that I already knew the result.  I came to the conclusion that it's down to the individual sonographer and whether they wish to tell the patient or not.  I don't think it means anything, either good or bad x

• Posted

Michelle, I've had post menopausal bleeding after 5 years period-free.

had to have a sonohystogram, which found polyps. Had a biopsy today. I feel your fear of both the test and results. Maybe it's just non-cancerous polyps.

• Posted

The result of the scan showing polyps was given to me right away. I actually wish they had not given me the results, as I had many questions that they could not answer. They can saying they can only give me the results, but I would have to discuss my questions with my doctor.

Luckily, I get in to see my doctor four days later.

As far as the biopsy, that is going to take 1 - 2 weeks.

• Posted

Michelle,

Did you go yet, or is this later today? I wish you luck. I feel for you, as I was also very nervous.

• Posted

Oh, I'm not surprised if you were already bleeding. Try to rest. I hope it is better today.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, they told me 7 days also, but it was more like 4 or 5, I was not patient and ended up calling the doctor and he had the results.  This is the hardest part waiting for the results, but you will be OK.  Praying for your peace...
    • Posted

Doctor has just rang me told scan showed slight thickening so got to have a biopsy but she said I have nothing to worry about I can't believe it I'm in shock as iv been I'll with worry x

• Posted

Oh, I'm so happy for you. If it's nothing to worry about, I'm sure it's managable!

I'm waiting for the results of the biopsy. It's so hard not to worry.

• Posted

I said is it cancer then as I have to have a biopsy but she said they do it as a precaution so you will be fine I'm sure x

• Posted

The scan did show polyps. They told me not to worry about the biopsy either, but I do.
    • Posted

my gastro said when he does mine if I have any polyps he would remove them during the coloscopy and they routinely take several different bisopies . Did they remove yours?
    • Posted

I had a sonohystogram, which scans the inside of the uterus. I was awake; no pain killer what-so-ever! So, no, they did not remove them. Then I had a biopsy--again, no pain killer at all. Now they want me to schedule to have the polyps removed, but I am waiting for the biopsy results before I make any decisions.

I want to talk to some others who have actually had polyps removed. I was told they can come back.

• Posted

Yep, had that one too....haha...Im so happy for you, I know its such a load off your mind, even though you had nothing to worry about...this thickening is also quite common for us menopausal women...Take care and go treat yourself to something nice... GOD Bless....

• Posted

Debbie, I thought you was on my diverticulitis forum which I thought you had a coloscopy lol so that was not meant to go to menopause list sorry !
    • Posted

Hi Debbie I to have been told I have polyps and cell changes I'm waiting for a D&C hope you get answers take care xx

• Posted

Hi Kerry,

All these different answers. I was told a D&C will not remove polyps. They have to snip them out and a D&C can slide right over them and not remove them. Unbelievable the differt advice we receive.

• Posted

Hi Debbie yes that's right I'm having polyp removed and a D&C had I have thickness of the lining and changes in the cells from the biopsy I had xx

• Posted

Oh I see. They are doing the D&C due to the thick lining, but will snip out the polyp at the same time. I hope it all goes well. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank You Debbie stressing me out now x you take care xx let me know how you go xx
    • Posted

Kerry,

You will be fine since they are putting you out, right? Everything I heard about polyps are that they are extremely common and rarely cancerous. I hope I didn't stress you. I am just trying to learn the reasoning behind the procedures they put us through. I hope you are feeling okay in the meantime.

I also found out postmenopausal bleeding is quite common. My gyn says he sees it all the time, and does about 4-5 biopsies every day. Plus, it's obvious from all the replies you received!

• Posted

O no you haven't stressed me out sorry if it came across that way no I'm stressed because of all the waiting and tests plus not ever having anethestic more scared of that if I'm honest xxx

• Posted

I am afraid of anethestic too. I completely understand! They want me have the polyps removed but I haven't made a decision yet. Waiting for more test results first. Very stressful!

• Posted

Hi Hun if it weren't for the fact I had some cell changes and a slight thickness to my lining I would be cancelling my procedure for sure but I can't take the risk xxxxx stay in touch xx

• Posted

Hi was just wondering how you are getting on have you heard anything yet x it's been 4 weeks since I was told I needed a d&c and a polyp removal but had no date yet but 6 weeks since I had biopsy results the waiting is making me ill when I rang they said I'm on the list 😱Praying for us all 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

No, still waiting. I only had the biopsy 10 days ago. I was told the results take a few weeks.

So you are waiting on a D&C? It seems long but where do you live? I notice a lot of people wait a long time for procedures.

I'm in the states and they are fairly quick. So damn quick that I saw both my GP and my GYN the same day. Had five appointmens within two weeks.

• Posted

Hi Debbie that was quick x I'm in the uk 🇬🇧 I just got off the phone my procedure is the 22nd march a day case that will be exactly 12 weeks since my biopsy results so I'm hoping that it's a good sign that there as been no rush nervous a state can be thought of the anethestic xxxx praying for a good result 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻For us all

• Posted

Hi Debbie so I had my d&c and biopsy 22/3/17 I had a spinal block so that was great 👍 no polyp was found but I have thickness to the lining so now waiting and praying I'm ok xx hope you are sending 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Oh good. You are so lucky they can do a spinal block. I'd rather have that than be put under general anesthesia. Anyway, my diagnosis is polyps, but there has not been anymore bleeding. Going to keep an eye on things, but not rushing into anything.

So, I hear a lot of women have thickening of the lining. What do they do for that? I thought that was why they did a D&C. My docs will not do a D&C for polyps.

• Posted

Hi Debbie so the ultrasound picture looks like I had a polyp in August but the hytroscopy in January I had and biopsy said some changes so forward to yesterday the surgeon said there was no polyp but performed a d&c to thin out my lining and sent to get tissue tested for a better test has if it is any thing bad the would no has the uterus has been cleared of all cells xx some times a in office only picks parts of lining and can be miss cells has it won't cover the the whole uterus this d&c is the final test if nothing found then it's final if you get me xxx hope you are well let me know how you get on I have to wait for results now xx 🙏🏻🙏🏻 For us both xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.