POSTMENOPAUSE. DESPERATE

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies

im sure a lot of you know me ive been on this forum for the last 12 years

Had 10 year peri hell and im now 2 years post

I am so terrified right now my digestive issues are back with a vengeance

I do suffer with acid reflux but the bloating and nausea had got to the point that every time i eat i feel like im gonna throw up

Im not actually sick but my stomach literally feels like its being pushed up into my throat

My old faithfull friend the breathlessness is back that plagued me in peri

My anxiety is killing me right now as i cant get my mind off my stomach

I do have to say i had a CT scan with contrast dye six weeks ago as i have yearly check ups with my gastro consultant and everything is ok nothing abnormal found?

So why am i constantly feeling sick and bloated and just like im dying!!!

I really thought i would be starting to feel better by now

Im slowly giving up hope!!!

my gastro says to take lansaprazole but due to my anxiety im even scared to do that

All recent bloods are normal to but i feel like i have a golf ball sitting in the top of my stomach

Ct scan says otherwise

Help ladies what do i do so tired x

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

michelle, i am losing hope as well , i have been on hrt for 18 months (last resort)and i am still not good. i am so scared to take any new med in case it makes me worse but you may have to take the plunge. im sorry i cant offer any insight, my doctors are miffed as well. i feel like we are on our own. thank goodness for this site.i do hope things get better for you please post if they do, it will give the rest of us some hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.