Potassium

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone know anything about potassium supplements and levels? I was on a steroid pack for being sick and my potassium went down which caused cramping. it went down to 3.4 and I was given potassium pills. a couple days later I saw my doctor and it was I believe 3.6. So he gave me more and said to continue to take them but I have not followed up with him yet and he gave me the pills Jan 24th. Does anyone know how long it would take for you're potassium to go back up to normal which mine is usually 4.0 between then and now? I'm starting to get a chest pain I've never felt before and I've read that could be a symptom of too much potassium. Any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Sway, my potassium levels dropped a lot, so I was told to eat bananas & avocados! That certainly worked & I am back up to 4 or so but I have to keep the banana/avocado diet going because of my drugs. My doctors decided not to give me drugs to increase my potassium levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.