Potassium and Magnesium deficient

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have answered a previous message but it might get lost in the discussion so I'm posting to say look up the videos for Potassium and Magnesium deficiencies if you have chronic constipation. After four painful years I'm functioning normally now and pain free just by taking supplements daily.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Would routine bloodwork pick this up.  My b/w found that I was low in B12.  Taking Milk of Magnesium has given me immediate results.
    • Posted

It's not tested routinely, it needs a separate test specifically for vitamins and minerals. Milk of Mag is great stuff but expensive. Often we have to try things out ourselves and have better luck than what the docs prescribe. I'm relieved to be off all the sachets and pills but you know your body better. 

• Posted

Hi can you please send me the details of the tablets brands and where I can find this video? My 10 year old suffers with chronic constipation and she is waiting for an op known as ACE procedure but we are desperate to avoid this. Thank you for sharing your experience.
    • Posted

Hi. There are lots of videos on YouTube. Search  constipation magnesium and potassium or constipation lack of minerals. Dr Eric Berg has a good one. I now take 400 mg magnesium Citrate and 350mg Potassium Oxide which can be bought without prescription, but I would advise you to really research the dose for a child. Hope it resolves soon for him.

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know. l will let you know how she gets on. Just waiting for a response from the chemist. How long did you start taking them before you saw improvements? Did you change your diet too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.