Potassium Problem Causes Arrhythmias etc

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on a very heavy amount of Diuretics to combat edema....... For past number of weeks I am having ongoing Cardiac Arryhythmias and  my teeth have begum to crack and break away from the gum....Painful .......and now I have appointment with Dental Hospital in Dublin (Ireland) to remove at least six of my natural teeth or what remains of them in the gums. And later fit dentures...

Dentist will not attempt this due to my Cardiac History of Flat lining and Bleeding due to Blood Thinners etc. Hence the Dental Hospital.

Also now have severe arthritis type pains in my knees and back and legs etc. 

Cardiologist says my Arrhythymias and cracking teeth  and Joint pains are a result of my  Potassium being dangerously low (2.9 per Blood tests)) for a long period, and am now to take very large amounts of Potassium and eat several bananas every day.

I think the Diuretics are not only removing all the Potassium from my body...but are removing everything else as well....including Calcium...hence the bones and teeth problems....Anybody else have this problem...?

Is Cardiologist right or is he talking Bunkum..? Could Diuretics actually have such dreadful side effects. Perhaps a case of where the cure is worse than the disease and I would have been better off with the Edema...?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Diuretics can really mess with your potassium! Teeth I don't know!. Be careful taking supplements yourself , could be deadly. Only take .99 a day on you own. But go back and talk to Dr. Take care!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.