Potential heart issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had this weird issue happen to me for a couple of years now.

I have have been to the emergency room many times over it but the doctors can never find an issue with me. During this time I discovered has hypothyroidism. I am medicated and taking that. I have went to a cardiologist once before for a heart a gram, all checked out fine.

I was told heart paliptations might be the reason why I have this, which I will describe soon. But everything I read about palipitations is nothing like I go through from time to time. I get palipitations that have the flutters in your chest. I know what that is but what I do not know about is completely different.

What happens: I get like a big as I can best describe it 'a jolt or punch' to my heart. Its painful in different ways each time that it happens. Also sometimes its more powerful than others. It only lasts literally one second. But it can take your breath away. It stops me in my tracks not matter what I am doing every time, then axiety kicks in and my heart rate increases beating. I work to calm down and slow my heart rate. Then its over. The actual pain and jolt again is only a second. So theres like no way to track it. Doctors have never given me any explaination that make sense to me.

I am tired of dealing with this, Its scary. Very scary.

Anyone who might know what this is I am welcome to hear from. I also do not know what to do. I will get a 2nd opinion from another cardiologist but I am tired of spending alot of money to be told theres nothing wrong with me. Its simply not true.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes when your heart misses a beat it can do that. It then can take off because you get anxious.

• Edited

i have been having these since 2017 and just like you many times to the doctors. i am still lost but i had another echo and i think i have right atrial enlargment and ejaction fraction went down so im scared to death. im in the same boat as you and i think doctors blame it on anxiety like always.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.