Potential hernia treatment using PRP OR prolotherapy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I Had a bilateral hernia repair 4 years ago, with massive reduction life quality.

recently I had PRP -platelet rich plasma, and prolotherapy for torn cartilage in both hips. I told my JOINT medicine DR about the hernia issues, and with my permission he injected into the area between the mesh and the muscle using guided ultrasound, which I was able to see.

its been 3 days and I have about 90% reduction in the terrible groin pain I had, its early days I dont know how long it will last, but I can tell you it is worthwhile for something to stop the pain and move.

Maybe its something to investigate for others, as I was considering removal too, and have also been at the point of suicide before this.

I will definitely undergo more treatments across the whole mesh.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It's very interesting and instructive and worth remembering. Few days ago I was trying to answer somebody who was saying that her hiatal hernia was making her cough especially at nigh,t I could not remember my password, now I do but I can't find that mail but I want to tell her that when I cough at night I rub my feet with VapoRub and wear socks before going to bed, and it works, I don't cough anymore . Try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.