Posted , 3 users are following.
So I took my father to the lab to have some blood tests done.
The person reponsible for collecting the blood did not have gloves, so he used "bare hands". I am going to sue the lab. This is getting me very anxious.
It went as follows:
1. he used a fresh cotton swab, dipped in alcohol, or some other disinfectant to clean the injection site.
2. fresh disposible syringe to collect blood.
3. used the same cotton, that he had kept in his bare hands to press the puncture wound to keep the blood from oozing out.
4. I immediately removed that cotton and let some blood out.
5. took some fresh cotton, wiped away the blood, and then yet another fresh cotton to press the wound.
6. that retarded lab assistant took band aid and applied it onto the wound, using his bare hands again. Hopefully, he hadn't touched that part of the band aid that touched onto the wound.
What are the chances of having contracted some infection?
What should I do now?
Its about 14 hours now since this happened.
0 likes, 12 replies