potential labyrinth issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. It's been almost 2 months now and I have been experiencing strange sensations in my head. Vertigo wouldn't best describe it, since things aren't moving while optometrist have said all is alright with my vision. It is more of a fuzzy feeling behind my eyes, and a sense of a very light quake-feeling behind my eyes when I focus too much on sth which eventually leads me to call it dizziness. Frequently it is accompanied by nausea which is only in my head though, since I have never gotten to the point of vomiting. I was diagnosed with a mild form of labyrinth issue (not labyrinthitis exactly though since there was no infection or pain) and been treating symptoms with Antivom(serc or betahistine) . 10 Days of treatment worked at first to relieve most symptoms, but when I got off it for 5 days they were back so I was referred to 20 more days, after which I was kay for a week. But now mild dizziness symptoms (like the ones I described above) are still present and occasionally nausea too. Menieres is off the table seeing as there were no accompanying symptoms like tinnitus or pain. I am at a loss as to what exactly is the case. Does anyone else Know anything sounding close or has anyone ever experienced it again?

Like I said, the most accurate description I can give is a 'passive' dizziness, in the sense that things aren't moving outside, but I have a strange fuzzy feeling in my head, like someone is slightly rocking me or holding me in a grip(not painful though or with pressure) inside my brain.

Thanks in advance for any potential help. I am 19 years of age

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi James you were describing me by there and I have mennieres so they say I've had it for 4years try buccastem m from the pharmacy it don't take it away but I find it helps me I know it's life changing and the doctors haven't got the answers

• Posted

Hi ,thanks for taking the time to reply. I shall try what you mentioned and hooe there is some relief. Im really disheartened to hear you too didn't get any help from doctors.

For me,it seems as if they're treating like something which will just go away eventually or not so life-affecting but it can get really tiring to feel like you're fighting with bouts of ailments you don't even Know the cause of

• Posted

Hi JAmes, this sounds similar to me. I had a bad ear pain 7 weeks ago that came on after a bad cold/flu. I've had this for about 6 weeks but I'm wrecking myself thinking this is something worse in my brain. I'm back at the ENT tomorrow. Who did you see? How did they diagnose you?

• Posted

Hi Paul. Ive been to an otolaryngologist who performed an audiogram then made me walk with eyes closed to see if id be headed straight or turn. She said it wasn't labyrinthitis since there was no pain or infection but generally "labyrinth" issues. Very vague, been on Serc for two periods but symptoms are slowly reappearing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.