Potential PTSD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys. Quick question. I suffer severely when it comes to anything social. My go to topic is "how's the weather" lol. I know PTSD can fudge you up in this aspect so my point = When I was 5ish, I witnessed a guy get cut in half (elevator) within 2 or so metres from my face. Still vaguely remember the guy starring at me while his life was rapidly escaping. I would assume this qualifies as PTSD related? Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear god! you must get horrific flash backs. Are you gettting any help as that is just a scene  that no child should see
    • Posted

To be honest, yes and no. I know that makes no sense but yeah, doctors just estimate / assume and prescribe. I've no real recollection of it, other than that guy's dead eyes. My mother told me it definitely happened as she was there holding my hand and witnessed it too. She just passed away 6 moths ago and that too doesn't help but this is life it seems.
    • Posted

I think it do no harm to register your concern and get it proven one way or the other. By question it in your own mind you really do need to make some closure on a diagnosis. But I would say it sound possible
    • Posted

Thanks for your quick responses Jimmy. I've met several doctors about several circumstances, but closure is out of my reach apparently. And after the third or forth time re-repeating the same thing to doctors that say things like, "maybe, might be, perhaps, and by the way that'll be so and so bucks" I've kind of given up on that route. I'm pretty certain something like that will kick your child brain hard, but just wanted people's opinion i guess.
  • Posted

Hello, i am so sorry you witnessed such an horrific event. ( that poor guy how awful ) Unfortunately we cannot erase such memories, thou you cannot remember much your brain as stored the event in the recesss of you memory. Just the fact that you saw his eyes looking at you would be enough for you to suffer from PTSD. which is why you are still thinking about it. Have you spoken to a Counsellor. I am not sure what else to suggest. I don't know what treatments are available for PTSD. I don't know if you can get closure on something like this. I would imagine you get flashbacks. I hope you can move on from this.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.