Potential sertraline side effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on and off sertraline for 6 years. I have been taking sertraline this time around for 8/9 months and am currently on 100mg. Doctors are refusing to give me any advise and all they want to do is up my dose and i'm not sure that's the best thing for me. The last 3 months I have been experiencing really bad anxiety that i haven't had before. My mood is also extremely irregular. I can be fine one minute and i can be hit with a wave of depression the next. I am usually a morning person, but the last few weeks I cannot sleep enough. I can easily sleep for days on end which ive never had before.If anything i've allways had the opposite problem! I am now experiening extreme nausia the last week and haven't been able to eat the last two days. I have started to have very close together periods the last month and have had flu systoms on and off since october with respiratory problems and shortness of breath. constant headaches and dizziness, extreme skin sensitivity and hot and cold body temperature.

Sorry for long list of symptoms, but seem to be getting new ones every couple of weeks and have only just thought that these are all linked to sertraline. If anyone has experienced any of these symptoms or can give me any help or advice as doctors are leaving me feeling helpless!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not a doctor but ask them to stop sertraline and start with a new AD.

People do act different to ADs side effects and it looks like its not the medicine for you,

Try taking deep breath exercise and listen to relaxing music on youtube, i found really relaxing taking Chamomile Tea do some research maybe you can take advantage of its benefits or other Teas benefits,

I hope you feel better !

Ad xx

• Posted

I have had every symptom you describe. Particularly the flu like chest and throat have had for over two months. Sleep apnea. Insomnia dry throat choking problems?, swallowing problems neck pain, breathing problems, nausia etc I'm sure there are many i have missed out. The majority of these symptoms i had never experienced before taking sertraline, they have all been since December when i started sertraline. I think alot of them are easing up now finally so yours should too. Many ppl experience problems until the drugs have taken full affect which apparently is 3 months

• Posted

Hi Hannah, I have been on and off Zoloft for about two decades and yes I have experienced all of these side effects you mentioned here, not altogether, but it seems that each time I get back on, I have diff and new side effects, along with some old familiar ones. Please hang in there. It will get better. Cuttingly I am on 100mg, started again on nov 19. I don't know when you restarted but the intensity of these side effects should diminish or disappear. Also, I strongly suggest you don't get off it again, I learned my lesson this last relapse. Also, get plenty of rest and sleep because your body is telling you that you need it. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.