POTS??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So... I’ve recently been having “heart trouble” where when I stand up, I black out; I have episodes of fast heart rate while doing nothing (130-160), lots of fatigue, dizziness, and lightheadedness; as well as general tachycardia when not laying down. I went to a cardiologist who gave me a ecg (which only showed palpitations) and a full exam and said I had perfectly healthy but gave me an event monitor for “good measure”. 

So far I have been dignosed with:

-Gastroparesis

-GERD

-Tachycardia 

-Palpitations 

From my research I believe I have POTS but when I told my PCP she told me that I couldn’t have it because I don’t faint? I took laying and standing pulse and it only confirms my research, if you have pots, could you give your opinion and some advise? 

Laying pulse:

Standing after a minute or so:

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, been having similar problems for last two years and got nowhere, symptoms have worsened, advise your GP on other related symptoms of POTs you have, request Tilt Table Test with cardio if you haven't had it already, check your own blood pressure at home, you don:t need to be fully fainting if you have POTs, the readings and symptoms must fit the several types, another good indication is purple discoloration of the legs or feet with excessive sweating, good luck   

• Posted

Just recently got diagnosed with pots... definitely don't need to be fainting to have it. See a new doctor. I had to go to 30 different ones before finding someone that listened. Stand up for yourself!

• Posted

Just recently got diagnosed with pots... definitely don't need to be fainting to have it. See a new doctor. I had to go to 30 different ones before finding someone that listened. Stand up for yourself!

• Posted

does the heart rate stay elevated or drop ? id guess pots or vvs, you dont have to faint in either 😃 you want a TTT that would diagnose autonomic dysfunction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.