POTS or Not non epileptic seizures

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm 39 years old up until 6months ago I never had these symptoms.

Sezuires that were all day full body convulsions and passing out .I can hear but can't talk.

This have gladly recuduced to more of like a full body tension sezuire. Tends to happen when I'm close to my period or some sort of activity. I getting feeling over me my breath gets short then it happens.

I get very dizzy when standing this I always had.

Low blood pressure.

Tired very easily. I use to be called the energizer bunny. Now I'm exhausted from just cleaning the dishes.

Can't stand for a long period of time.

Tingling in hands and feet

Feet always cold

The heat is really bothering me this year I have no desire to go the beach.

I do have celiac disease which is an autoimmune disorder so chances of having others is high.

I had mri ekg eeg tilt test which less than 5 minutes in I passed out ,stationary bike stress test that 2 minutes in I passed out .Blood work showed low nitro and potassium so we added that in for a little while.

There diagnosis was non epileptic sezuires from stress. At the time I said ok cause single mom 2 boys covid .......but now almost 7 months later I'm still not feeling well.

If anybody has experienced this or heard of something I would love some input.

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I can't comment on the episodes you are having, but feeling dizzy on standing and being unable to stand still for any length of time are indications of "orthostatic intolerance".

Orthostatic means "the state of being upright, either sitting or standing". So this term describes when the body is unable to adjust to the extra strain of being upright.

Orthostatic intolerance symptoms can be caused by lots of things, ranging from medication side effects to dehydration to autonomic disorders. (POTS is a type of chronic orthostatic intolerance. There are other types too. Heat intolerance is a common symptom.)

Did anyone do a "lie, sit, stand" test where they check your heart rate and blood pressure every minute as you move through these positions? You can ask your doctor to do this, or do it at home (be very careful though – stand next to something soft so you can quickly sit or lie in case you get faint).

• Posted

I made another comment with some links to lectures from Dysautonomia International conferences that might be of use.

But I see that the moderators here sometimes remove links.

If that happens, please send me a private message. I will describe how to find the lectures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.