Pots syndrome and severe symptoms...does it get better?

Posted , 3 users are following.

my doctor thinks I got pots syndrome and I will have a tilt table test. currently I'm struggling to stand longer than 10 mins without my legs completely giving in or have this siezure like episode ( which has been confirmed are not epilepsy). So if I want to go out I have to go in a wheelchair and this scares me for the future. Anyone else that had it this bad but recovered and able to walk again?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Last year, I couldn't stand without dizziness, a horrible fast heartrate, and vision problems. Now, I'm running 2 miles a day, weightlifting, going to school full time, taking ap classes, and my tachcardia and standing symptoms are almost all gone. Yes, you're going to have difficult times. But, it WILL get better. Trust me. Make sure to eat salty foods, drink lots of water, get some exercise (physical therapy sounds like a better situation for you), eat smaller meals, lower carb content of meals, and check for any underlying conditions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.