POTS with High and Low Blood Pressure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was originally diagnosed with hyper adrenergic POTS, with a tilt table test in which my blood pressure sky rocketed along with my pulse. Now, recently, I have been in a "flare up" for 4 months in which my blood pressure drops and my pulse rises. 100/37 and 227 HR from standing still for 5 minutes. I can't seem to control my body temperature, varying from hot to freezing. They have checked my stomach (colonoscopy and endoscopy due to digestive issues), multiple EKGs, MRI/MRA of my neck and brain-- the only things that have come to their attention would be that I am hyper mobile and have Chiari I. I'm scheduled to see a neurosurgeon next month, but my doctor doesn't know if that's even the cause of my fainting.

I am so tired all the time. My body constantly hurts, which they believe is from the hyper mobility. The vertigo is so much worse.

Does anyone have any insight? Does Chiari seem like it could be the culprit? I have never read of a POTS patient with high and low readings, so I am startled, to say the least.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you could be having a vegal response that could be affecting your blood pressure ect,id get it checked out as pots can cause problems with many parts and symptoms can swap and change , ask the doc for some meds to stabilise blood pressure if it makes you feel bad 😃

Report Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.