Pouch of Douglas adhesions - no endo??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I had a laparoscopy in 2012 which confirmed adhesions in the pouch of douglas but also confirmed no endometriosis. I have never had surgery (prior to the lap) nor any pelvic infections. Could anything else have caused these adhesions or can they just occur on their own? They said 'maybe' I had an infection at some point but I feel like I would have noticed something like that.

I was put on the mini pill and have been on it ever since which alleviated some of my period problems but I have consistently had bowel pain and intense pain down both legs. I have bad clotting, some of which is actual solid tissue. For the last 4 months I have been bleeding at least 2 or 3 times a month, several days at a time. It is completely unpredictable.

According to the laparoscopy in 2012 there is nothing going on. Has something been missed or am I just a victim of 'bad periods'?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did no one talk to you about Pelvic Adhesive Disease? Ask your gyn about this. You could've had a long ago infection that wasn't obvious. Inflammation can also cause the adhesions. There could be more adhesions now, especially where the incisions were.

Check the Patient site as it probably had both info and a forum. Sometimes it's just calked adhesive disease. And yes, adhesions can be quite painful & can be on the bowel. I've had 5 abdominal surgeries. Before the 5th (bowel resection for endo in my 50s), my general surgeon said that my abdomen was a mess of adhesions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.