Pounding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone just has pounding at a normal rate? I feel it in my chest, throat, head, ears. Sometimes I can see my pulse in the artery in my wrist. I haven't been diagnosed. I can't get into see my doctor for a month. My mom had WPW. My blood pressure goes up when I'm stressed. It seems to happen more often when I am under a lot of stress. Sometimes several times a week. Three times today. It scares me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My heart rhythm problems initialy manifest itself in two ways, one was a feeling as if I had a loss of system pressure, like I just went over a hump back bridge in a car and all the blood went away from my top half. On an ECG this feeling corresponded with two downward spikes in quick succession.  

I would also get another heart rhythm problem at other times that might be like yours.

It would especialy come after eating a meal and lying down.

It felt as if I had a really slow and heavy heartbeat. I could watch my belly rise with this heart beat, I could feel it as pressure in the artieries in my neck and in my groin.

When I got my own little egc machine, this heavy pulse would be a single spike that went all the way to the top of the graph and then go flat because the graph wasnt big enough to enclude the whole spike, then it would plunge down to go off the graph at the bottom as well.

• Posted

I suffered with it for many years, now on Bisoprolol for attaacks of svtt, don,t feel the heartbeats anymore but get the side effects of the drug, feeling tired a lot , breathless and drained of energy, i get good days!    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.