Pounding heart from smoking marijuana

Posted , 1 user is following.

So, I would say I have severe anxiety, actually recently I've been in two bad car accidents and week in a half apart from each other a little over a year ago wich leaves me with ptsd although I haven't been seen or diagnosed for it I just know but I also feel like Im a hypochondriac. Here lately I really have wanted to pick up smoking pot and enjoying getting high (please no negative comments) as I've been a heavy drinker for over a year now and I want to replace that as well. I've smoked marijuana three times in my life, all at different ages, once when I was in 8th grade, my sophomore year, and right after graduating highschool, all in which I've gotten high but the same thing happened everytime, it felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest, like I was having a heart attack, I felt like I was dying, I was shakey, my arms went numb and I can only remember certain parts of the high, none of it was enjoyable though like it should have been, my heart pounding for about two hours or so each time. I've been doing a little studying up on it and there's multiple people who have experienced the same thing but not once in all these years have I found a solution to this problem aside from "oh, don't smoke" and I want to smoke and enjoy a recreational high like most other people get from cannabis. I've smoked from papers, (joints) and tobacco (blunts) and same thing. the first time it happened it triggered panic attacks even after the high for like a straight year without me smoking. and everytime after That I smoked I've been terrified that that is going to happen to me again before I even smoke and what do you know, it does. also I will include that I am over weight and out of shape but I wasn't one of the times I smoked before and it still happened and I was a runner then with hardly any anxiety. but I have been to the doctor and as far as i know I have no health conditions although I do have shortness of breath all the time but they always say my lungs sound fine and my heart is fine as far as I know. beats fairly slow actually. Is there anyone out there that explain to me why this happens and how to cure it so that I can smoke and have a comfortable high? also do you think it may help if I get put on antidepressants/anxiety medication and then tried smoking to see if it stops marijuana induced panic attacks or do you think it will still happen or make it worst? please help if you can, anybody. -Justin.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.