pounding heart nausea and dhiarrea. I'm on day four of 10mg citalapram.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Apart from the normal side effects...dry mouth..swimy head, slight headache. I woke up at 2am with my heart beating so hard and dhiarreah and extreme nausea.

..is this a side effect and will it go? I was so scared! I felt so good yesterday until waking up like that. Got so scared I really wanted to go to hospital or something

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did u eat anything that maybe didn't agree with your tummy?
  • Posted

No, nothing I don't usually eat
    • Posted

Hmmm....weird. I never did that. Ive been on 20mg of cit for 33 days.
  • Posted

Hi Laura,I had the beating heart and diarrhoea for just over a week, they are known side effects, but does wear off.

im on week 7 and the only side affect I have is sleepless nights :-(( x

• Posted

Thanks. Its was really horrible. Its been five hours since and I'm only just starting to come right now. I really thought I was going pass out or something. Hot prickly rash type feeling.

I really feel like stopping my meds. I've been on citalopram about three times in the past and it has worked for me after about two weeks

• Posted

Stick with it Laura it does ease after 10days -2weeks x
    • Posted

Thanks. I just feel so consumed by panic and side effects
  • Posted

I'm on week 7 of 10mg, and I had nausea, headaches, dry mouth and beating heart etc.  Most side effects went after around 5 weeks, and am pleased to say that my jaw clenching is nearly gone, have only had a couple of headaches.  I am however still struggling sleeping, but I've never been good at sleeping anyway!

Stick with it Laura, unless you're really bad, then speak to your GP before making any decisions.

• Posted

Hi Smudger, I'm on week 7 as well, only sleeping is my issue. I went to the GP today and he has suggested I swap to take the dose in the evening as may help with sleep, here goes, 1st night tonight ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.