pounding hearts back!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi iv had a good few days im on day 5 of fluxotine. Symptoms got better until today pounding heart has came back and im feeling anxious about it. Duno if iv brought it on myself because iv been wandering to myself is my heart ok i cant hear it any advice would be appreciated thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

glad u hav had some good days on them hun it might be a side effect from the tablets just try to ignore it as much as u can whilst reassuiring yourself it is your anxiety again, try and stay positive like u have been and take some deep breaths and tell urself over and over again as much as u need to you have had it before u got yourself through it and it WILL pass, i know its easier said than done iv got the pounding heart at moment, and sharp pain under left arm but i keep saying to myself iits my anxiety i have had it before and i will get through it stay strong hun im here if u need to keep talking to keep your mind occupied x
  • Posted

Hey honey I'm the same tonight. I have had great days but last few awful.

i keep thinking it's my heart too. Was really bad earlier, it settled and now it's back. Most awful feeling ever!! Seems to be a panic with me. Hope you feel better very soon xx 

• Posted

Thanks. Yeah it is awful. Think its panic for me too just wish this whole thing would go away xx
    • Posted

Me too, I have just had a really bad ten mins, shaking, feeling sick etc 

I just don't know what to do anymore 

• Posted

I can totally relate im on day 8 of fluoxetine and i haven't been feeling great but today ive had constant chest symptoms such as racing heart and it pounds so hard i can see my left breast moving and ive had a dull ache under my breast ie chest pain aswell as the odd palpitation and feeling like i need to sit down otherwise i feel faint. Like you ive been thinking about it a lot today so thats probably why we feel so anxious. How are you feeling now? Is it your first time on fluoxetine or anti ds? Its my first time on fluoxtine and i still wake every day thinking should i stop taking it, i keep wondering weather its anxiety why i feel like this or the medication. My mind must be playing tricks on me though because i felt terrible a lot before i started taking them.x
    • Posted

Hey yeah my first time on any antids. I always seem to feel more syrange in the morning and at nyt time i dedo get more anxious at night. I just keep hoping its the antids kicking in and in another week they should be working properly. I really didnt want to take antids but i seen it as no other option i couldnt keep going on the way i was i have 3 kids to look after so had to do somwthing x
    • Posted

I understand thats exactly the stage i got to because i have a 2 year old i knew i couldn't carry on keep feeling ill daily. I tend to feel fine when i wake but soon as i take my medication within an hour or 2 i feel it and today i feel nauseous, dizzy and feel like every time i stand up that i could pass out because those feelings increase when im up and about. How are you feeling today? What anxiety symptoms was you getting initially prior to taking the anti ds?x
    • Posted

Im not too bad today bit of a sore shoulder area. Before i started the antids. I had really bad pounding heart chest pains aching ribs jaw ache left arm pains. All the symptoms of a heart attack because im sure this is wot is giba hapen to me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.