PPI

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Been having nausea with burping also rumbling stomach and very noisy.  Antacids didn’t work so on Monday GP said to try Omeprazole 20mg one first thing.  Tuesday am I took no nausea all day heck that felt great no stomach noises no feeling cold either.  Today after reading up on them I didn’t take one and later when at the shops I am going to get Zantac to try as GP did say you can buy over the counter and the calcium carbonate I was using which wasn’t working just neutralises acid.  Today I feel the nausea, chills and burping after eating.  He referred me for stomach scan and to gastroenterologist, waiting for the scan appointment at the moment the other appointment lord knows how long that will be at least four weeks.  I had bloods done, full blood count, liver, kidney, H Pylori, Thyroid and inflammation which they won’t be back till next Thursday.  Why are there chills with this, why would PPI work and chills go.  I had this a few years ago going through a neighbour dispute but took over the counter pills and it went, this seems to be sticking around.  I have gone through a lot over the past year, losing Mam to cancer, empty nest, pets being PTS which has then led to depression, could this be linked.  Thanks for reading

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well after all my symptoms I had the endoscopy today and everything was find normal which I am pleased about.  I decided to not have sedation to have throat spray.  I was worried about just not been able to do anything most of the day so had throat spray only.  I tried to focus on my breathing as it’s that I panic about.  The worst bit was it thumping at the back and going down it wasn’t too bad until the air being pumped in.  I think I did well really as I am a panicker about things.  So it’s odd all my symptoms and inside me was all fine no hernia or anything.  I’m just glad it’s over. X
  • Posted

Hey Sue

​Did you ever figure out the cause of your thoracic spine pain? Also, did you mange to cure your indigestion? If so, what worked?

• Posted

You are wonderful for asking.  No Robin I still have it so I think it’s arthritis due to posture, I have terrible posture always have even when sitting.  I think arthritis as I have a lot in other places, hope you are ok x
    • Posted

I am stuck in the same situation as yourself. I definitely think that my spine is the culprit behind my abdominal pain and issues (LPR). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.