PPI inhibitors

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have GERD. I've been on prilosec for around 10 years. I have concerns for the links to kidney disease. Any suggestions on how to move away from this medication? Any better things out there?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All you have to do is ask your pharmacist or doctor. There may be better more recent meds available both over the counter or by prescription.

• Posted

try nexium over the counter as well cost the same amount i had GERD also i tried all kinds of ppi's nothing helped until nexium (aka the purple pill) its awesome must take as directions say but worked and i havent had anymore problems. first couple days may not feel different but give it at least 3 days keep taking it and im sure you will start feeling better. my advice stay away from spicy or acidic foods makes GERD worse in my experience. Take care hope you start feeling better real soon.

• Posted

I will look into that. Thank you 😃

I remember my dad buying me alkaline water once that seemed to help. Acidic foods definitely impact the severity of GERD. I have had great relief from PPI's but I don't want to end up with kidney disease or something,

• Posted

no worries bout kidney disease nexium all ppis have to state the risk of kidney disease but thats after years and years of use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.