Ppi pneumonia risk

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

just started wondering if this is big risk to us reflux sufferers who take ppi meds. Are we counted as high risk in this corona virus?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not aware of any information to that effect. But reflux with its tendency to make us sick may well complicate things for a COVID sufferer.

• Edited

no, I wouldn't worry about it. lpr doesn't compromise one's immune system.

• Edited

no but the PPI medication makes us lack in a lit of things like vit d calcium b12 to name but a few

• Edited

I've been worring about the same thing I know the PPI medication make our body's lack in vitamins and calcium

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.