PPI tablets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have just finished a course of these acid stopping tablets and now feel more bloated than when I started. Is this a common reaction ? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lucy as far as I am aware the acid tablets you have to keep taking, I'm on them for life because of excess acid and acid reflux.

id go back to doctor sweetie, good luck

• Posted

hi rish..there are herbs which can help naturally with the acidity of the stomach.. like cardamom, and fennel... I myself have been bloated and have suffered from gas pains several times.. I just change my llifestyle..and be more conscious of the food that I eat.all the best!
    • Posted

see, it's things like that you can pick up from here, thanks a lot threena
    • Posted

yes,i have learned so much from here and by reading real testimonies..you too can apply the remedies  that they've tried..and it might work as well in our circumstances... so much have been shared..thanks.
  • Posted

lucy, what have you been eating? it could affect the bloating of your tummy.it might be due to other reasons oither than the antiacid you were taking..careful not to accumulate toxins in your digestive system by flushing them with fibers..just keep the digestive system cleansed with fibers.
  • Posted

What tablets are you taking some can make you feel bloated .

I took omeprozole for while .

they didn't agree with me made feel very booted and put on weight

And was not helping got Dr to change them much better now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.