PPMS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im not diagnosed yet but going through the process. Ive been waiting on the NHS for 3 months to see a neuro last week I paid to go private for an initial consultation. the consultant did the usual tests, ie hammer reflexes etc and said I don't have any signs of an neurological involvement and it is highly unlikely that I have ms due to my age im 67. I had a brain scan in 2015 that was clear (it was an unrelated matter) Im still not convinced as my symptoms arnt going away, pins and needles in legs and feet, muscle spasms in legs, weak legs, body jerks when resting, I do have lupus and sjogrens but ive had these for 13 years and basically know the signs of a flare.  Im very concerned that due to my age chances are if it is ms it will be PPMS. Could I know your thoughts on this please. Apparently the neuro consultant I saw is well up on MS as well as other neurological disorders. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine.  I'm not sure if you've considered Lyme disease but it's going rampant in my area.  Just my small city there have been over 100 ppl diagnosed in the last 2 months.   All the symptoms u are mentioning are dead on.  I have spent about 150 hrs of online research YouTube/google because I was bedridden so long and have experimented on myself because it attacks the body.  I went blind in one eye and had cerebral palsy in my left arm and I fixed all 62 symptoms in a week.  

I'm not 100% but doing pretty darn good for a late stage LYME candidate. 

Cheers 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply rob. I don't think its lyme disease as I haven't been bitten I have heard of it mentioned a lot lately though.  Im pleased you are doing well.

• Posted

Hi Christine fingers crossed that your Neuro doctors correct iv had similar response from mine

Yet I'm felling worse almost daily it's just at a point were I want to know tho cause as its depressing me and I'm afraid il lose my family because I'm not the man I was only to years ago

Keep as positive as you can

• Posted

Leeroy I know how you feel this takes over my whole being and im also depressed I cant make any plans I may have to move as my house could not be adapted I just keep taking about it all the time and my partner as much he sympathises is getting fed up with hearing about my anxieties. Have you had any MRIs. How old are you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.