PPPD ? MDDS? Vestibular Migraine? can't watch tv, can't work on the computers. Frustated

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I've been diagnosed with BPPV last year (June 2020) after I cleaned my ears with cotton bud and pushed the wax too far into the canal. I was dizzy the day after and decided to go to ENT.

ear looked fine, just a bit of irriation in the cannal coz i was trying to get the wax out.

went to 2 other ENT , ear looked fine, and ENT told me it might just be my lifestyle during pandemic (too much computer, too little exercise).

Decided to go to vestibular therapist, did some vestibular exercise and also went to accupuncture. helped alot. found that when i'm active things are much better.

My symptoms:

• bobbing and swaying when moving (not so much anymore) just sometimes
  • computers and TV are my MAIN trigger now.
  • Reading on Phones or book is also a trigger.
  • washing dishes ( or my hands doing circular motion like wiping, etc) are also a trigger. but stopped immediately.
  • grocery stores kind stressed my vestibular system but not too bad.
  • can't lay flat. i will feel the swaying. but as soon as im asleep, i can lay flat fine.
  • DRIVING or being driven is ALWAYS fine. - this is still weird to me.

Tried:

• blue light blocking specs
  • vestibular therapy - helped with motion but not with screens or reading
  • went to 2 vestibular therapies, 3 ENT and 1 neurologist.
  • currently working with 1 vestibular therapist. quite knowledgable fingers crossed.

My question is, does this sound PPPD or MDDS? just wondering any tips on making working on computers and watching TV less symptomatic ? or is there any specific vestibular therapy for this? I need to work on the computer and read!

I'm alot better. say 70% better but it's still really annoying . Thanks guys really appreciate any help or insight.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.