PR ahead of my wedding !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

If your are reading this you have my sympathy!! I'm not a vain person but this PR made me so self conscious! Like how you are or have been doing is looking online for some answers because the doctors would have said it's not fungal, not harmful and will go away on its own. So first is take a deep breath is not life threatening!!

Some facts I read, it starts with a herald patch which looks like ringworm but then the worst comes with a spread of a rash, usually confined to your body and rarely goes to the face. Bad news lasts 4-8 weeks or up to 6 months so as I'm getting married in a few months I did freak out! 

Treatment that worked for me and commonly said by others: Head & Shoulders intensive care (blue bottle) washed 2x a day help calm the red rash down but only with Luke warm water. Hot water made spots so more red! Then Aveeno cream after to moisturise as they will get dry and flake which can make then itchy but don't scratch ! 

As I'm in Uk the weather does not bring any natural UV so as a virgin tanner I tried the sunbed. Anyone new to tanner suggest only 5 mins max esp if you have no base tan you may burn. After 1 session rash looked very red but the next day it was a massive improvement!

Now in week 4 they are going. Signs of it going is that they get darker and peel and you eventually see your own colour back in the spots.

Keep persisting with it as it doesn't go away quickly and spots do have to run the course and some spots expand but don't worry think that's normal, was for me. My timeline week 1 I found herald patch and rashes over my body and back, week 2 diagnosed with PR, week 3 treatment and week 4 half cleared and other starting to go.

hope this helps you and good luck

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi t4tty, mine has been on for 5 weeks, i just got diagnosed last wk, that is 4 wks after its onset, i ve been using hydrocortisone as the dr directed, i am a nigerian and our climate is sunny and the rashes are still increasing plus it rarely itches, i ld like to know wat head and shoulders really does, so i dont waste my money to get it, thx as i anticipate ur reply!
    • Posted

Hi Aikay,

i tried hydrocortisone and that didn't do anything for me. I read a lot of testimonies on head and shoulders so I gave it a go and it worked to calm my spots down and stopped the rash spreading. There is something in head and shoulders that seems dry the spots up and that's when it does feel a little itchy cos it's dry hence using a good moisturiser. I found that if I'm hot or use hot water it got worse and looked more red so try cooler showers, many people I read said Luke warm water! It does have to run its course and gets worse before it gets better but look for hope on one of the spots going darker and fade cos that's a good sign ! Good luck

• Posted

I think it's the zinc in the shampoo that is helpful. It's definitely worth getting and using aikay. I agree with T4tty that hydrocortisone cream did nothing. You do have to let it run it's course and the things we mentioned will help speed up healing process. 
  • Posted

thank u t4tty and rj i will definitely try it out. God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.