PR for 3 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I got diagnosed with PR on April 1st, but my Herald patch showed up about 2 weeks before that. I was using the cream the Dr prescribed and taking oatmeal baths but the itching and burning was unbearable. Since Monday I have been tanning in a tanning bed 7 min a day, taking 3000mgs of lysine in the morning, and washing in the shower with H and S twice a day. Nothing seems to be helping. While the itching subsided, it seems to still be spreading. The Dr was no help at all and gave me no information on this skin disease. So I did not know wearing tight clothing or heat made the rash spread. I work in a restaurant and my uniform is exactly that. So needless to say after a few shifts my rash has spread all over my mid section, breasts, back, arms and legs. I am searching for any thing that will able to make this rash go away. If it gets much worse I can't work. I am also 28 and just got into a new relationship(with the guy of my dreams) and this, needless to say, is killing our intimacy. I won't take my shirt off if he is in the same room!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is my 3rd bout with PR this time I bought T-tree soap , aloe vera gel and coconut oil I bathed with the soap then used the gel then followed with coconut oil I stopped breaking out and the itching stopped.
  • Posted

Hey Megan,

Try using Calamine lotion and bio oil before putting on work clothes to keep your body moist... but when you get home shower in H&S clinical, pat dry and put the calamine lotion on again... let the rash dry out as much as possible. Also if you don’t over sleep, take Benadryl.... 

Side note: I just purchase this cream that had awesome reviews. It was $101.00 bucks including shipping (expensive) but with our conditions I like to say money well spent if it will work. 

• Posted

Hi.....I had pityriasis rosea 2 years ago. I was riddled with it. It was a living nightmare. But 3-4 weeks in....I jumped on a sunbed, and it was gone within 4 days!!!!

It's now back again, so I've been having just 4 minutes on the sunbed every 2 days. My herald patch got no bigger than a 10 pence piece.....and is fading away. And most importantly, NO RASH😀.....in places it was on the way.....i could feel it trying to come

...and could see it in places very faintly.....but It soon dissapeared.

I've now successfully got rid of it twice

Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.