PR GONE IN THREE WEEKS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,

I'm writing because the experience of having PR really needs to be shared.  I'm normally a very active person and PR stressed me out so much i didn't want to stay.  It was irritating, itched and even hurt sometimes when i was too active or started to sweat.  People were always asking me what happened and trying to give me their own diagnosis, which i appreciate the care, but it didn't really make me feel better because i was embarrassed by the rashes. 

THE BEGINNING

I first started itching around my torso, and found small patch towards my left hip.  Originally thought i had bed bugs because it really started to itch and was a wound.  

After a couple of days more patches were showing up soon after some bumps started to appear on my arms, back, and my torso.  When i couldn't find any bed bugs i thought i might've been allergic to something so i decided to go check in with the doctor. 

DOCTOR'S VISIT

The doctor literally took two minutes to look at my Skin and diagnosed me with PR.  He told me its a viral disease that is airborne (most likely to get infected during the rainy seasons) but not contagious.  

1ST WEEK

The patches started to get worse, it starte to irritate and sting more and there were also A LOT more little red dots all over my body. My whole back was covered in PR and i couldn't feel any smooth spots anywhere on my body.  I was really starting to feel stress out.  It mostly itched when i slept so during the first week I had a lot of trouble sleeping and could not get enough sleep because i kept on waking up to scratch. 

The doctor did give me some cream and a pill for the itches but it really didn't help.  By the end of the first week the patches and small red dots had spread to my palms, back of my hands, some on my face and forehead, feet, legs, thighs, torso and it was really stressing me out.  

2nd DOCTORS VISIT AND WEEK TWO!

At this point I was really feeling irritated because i haven't had enough sleep, but body was itching and hurting all the time and I just really wanted to PR to GO AWAY! 

I've been doing a bunch of research prior to the doctors visit but couldn't find anything really helpful. When the doctor took a second look at me, even he was surprised.  He told me I had a very severe case, and that he didn't expect it to be that bad.  Sadly he still couldn't give me any medication, and told me to just wait it out.  

I was feeling very impatient because the rashes at this stage had gotten worse.  It was as if someone just dropped red paint on my whole body.  Everywhere I went, people noticed.  

THE CURE(?) / WEEK 3

The PR was getting really bad, and I would've tried anything at this stage.  I came across some blogs, saying that you needed to improve your immune system and that some people used head and shoulders as a soap.  So i decided to give it a try.  On the evening of the doctor's visit, I purchased a random bottle of Head and Shoulders (the blog did say that a clinical one would be best, but they didn't have that where i'm from).  

I used the shampoo and i let it sink in before washing it out.  I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and about after 3 - 5 mins you'll feel it start to sting all over your body.  I decided to let it sting me for a bit, before i washed it all out.  RIGHT AFTER MY SHOWER, my whole body DRIED UP! The rashes dried up immediately and my whole body became flaky.  And my skin started to peel off! That night, my body was also not itchy anymore! 

The next day i also bought a bunch of oranges and squeezed them out, ate a lot of fruits and veggies and soup and stayed on a clean healthy diet for the next week.  

I used head and shoulders everyday for once a day before i slept.  And my skin just kept getting dryer and dryer.  For about the next week, my whole body just peeled off.  When I woke up, i would see my bed covered in dead skin.  the floor in my apartment was covered in dead skin and my cloths had a lot of dead skin on it as well.  If i rubbed my body, dead skin would start to rip right off kind of snow flakes dropping to the ground.  It's not that disgusting...but it was pretty disgusting.  that happened for about a week, with my worse peeling happening around my hips where it had a lot of contact with my pants.  

After about a week, my skin started to get back to normal.  

WEEK 4?

My skin is 95% back to normal, there are still some flaky areas left around my elbows.  My torso and back is back to normal with no discoloration.  My arms thought are still drying out and there's still some discoloring but its minor and I think it will be back to normal in a bit. 

I understand the torment of having PR and I remember trying to do so much research, trying to find as much information as i can, trying to find a cure and help to get rid of it as quickly as possible.  so i hope what i'm writing might be able to help some of you guys out there with PR.  

I don't know if it was the Head and Shoulders that helped me, or it was just coincidental timing that my PR had reached its healing stage when i started to use it, but there's no harm trying.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, can you please tell me which Head & Shoulders you used that was effective? I can't get the clinical strength one either, have been using the Nourish care anti dandruff one but it hasn't helped so far in :-(

Also have been applying some Witch Hazel which seems to calm the itch, anybody else tried it? I'm two weeks in with PR , it's itchy as hell and I can't sleep which is not making the underlying situation any better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.