PR in groin??? Help?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have just been diagnosed with PR today. I've had a large scaly patch on my hip for about 1-2 weeks now, and 2 days ago found red bumps all over my inner left thigh. I also developed a bad cold. My PR seems to be concentrated only in my thigh, but today has spread to the outer labia lips and is heading towards my vagina...and butt... what do I do? I'm so upset. My boyfriend seems to be really disgusted with all of this, and I'm feeling really overwhelmed. I just got out of the shower and used head & shoulders (the blue one with the orange shampoo) and even slathered on some aloe vera. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey dear

I totally understand what your going through. When i had PR i didnt want my boyfriend to even look at me! i hated the way my skin looked. I felt ugly and depressed. Ive read that some persons have used head and shoulders however, i never tried it so im not sure how effective it is. I tried the aloe vera gel once and never tried it again! it made the itching worse for me sad

What i did was use steroids cream and took oatmeal baths (soak body in oatmeal) or u can pur some oats in a cloth, tie it and use it as a wash cloth. When i did all this it reallllly helped with the itching. The steroids cream helps stop the itching and also dry up the rashes. Im sooooooo happy the rashes are completely gone Thank You Lord!

Try not to get yourself sweaty, keep your boday cool as possible and dont expose yourself to too much sun. I used coco butter lotion to moisturize my skin. Once the rashes started to dry up i started using cocobutter&sherbutter soap. 

• Posted

Oh and btw the PR in the geitals is normal some persons get it there some dont. Some persons even get it in their mouth. 
  • Posted

HI THERE IM SO SORRY YOUR PR HAS AFFECTED YOUR LADY BITS THAT MUST BE AWFUL.....MY 3 YEAR OLD HAD IT ALL OVER HIS BODY IT LASTED ALMOST 6 WEEKS AND HE IS CLEAR NOW NO SCABS OR FLAKING JUST SOME PIGMENT ISSUES.....I DIDNT USE ANY STEROIDS ON HIS SKIN BEING HE WAS SO YOUNG I USED ALOE VERA AND 100% PURE SHEA BUTTER...NOT THE ONE IN THE BOTTLE TRY AND GET THE PLANT ITSELF..CUT THE ALOE VERA PEEL IT AND WARM IT UP AND WASH YOUR AFFECTED AREAS WITH THE GEL ITS VERY SLIMY SO A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY...THEN WARM THE SHEA BUTTER AND APPLY IT TO THE AFFECTED AREAS AS WELL.....THE GOOD NEW IS THAT EVEN THOUGH IT IS REALLY REALLY HORRIBLE AND IT MAY LOOK LIKE IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY...IT WILL....IT TAKES TIME BUT IT WILL GET BETTER.....IT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE CATCHING..I HOPE YOUR BOYFRIEND SHOWS YOU SOME LOVE AND COMPASSION....DONT STRESS AND DONT GET TO HOT AS THESE WILL MAKE THE CONDITION WORSE....YOU WILL GET A LOT OF HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS ON HERE I HOPE YOU FIND ONE THAT HELPS YOU BEST OF LUCK
  • Posted

Hi there,

please stay calm and know that it will pass. I didn't use the head and shoulder shower gel so I can't feed back, but I would be very weary to put anything not specifically designed for skin conditions. I bought a shower gel at the chemist. I wouldn't take a bath if I was you, baths are what made it worse in my case, I took tiepid showers, and tried hard not to over heat myself. I normally do exercise three times a week, which I completely stopped for about 10 days, until the rash subsided. I was given antihystamine and an emollient cream which I applied 4 times a day, both helped with the itchiness, but I won't lie to you, some days were really bad.

Sunbed sessions, 5/6 minutes, I had three sessions and noticed improvements after the second one.

You'll be fine very soon, I promise.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. The rash seems to have stopped spreading, luckily. It's literally only localized in my nether regions. Some of the earliest spots have begun to get all peely and are fading. This peeling is taking FOREVER. I'm amazed at how quickly this began to peel...or is this normal and should I endure another few weeks of this?! I hope the newer spots get to be all flaky soon...at least I feel a little on the mend? This feels like it's going to take FOREVER. I am also still battling a cold. It seems like with each day this cold gets a little better, so do my patches.
  • Posted

Poor you sad

The same thing happened to me. I literally had them EVERYWHERE from my scalp, to my vagina to my bum. What helped me the most was Head and Shouldes as well as going to tanning beds- I went every second day for 5-6 minutes and mine was gone within two weeks.

Your boyfriend sounds like a little bit of a douchebag though, I have to say. Mine was so supportive during the process and reminded me every day of how beautiful I was and how he didn't care about a 'little' rash (literally covered every inch of my body). I don't think it's the rash that's the problem, it's him!

• Posted

Thanks everyone. The boyfriend is actually way more supportive than I had already thought! smile We were both just taken aback by it.

Another question for you all thought: the PR in my groin area is beginning to finally go away. It's flaking and fading...slowly but surely! BUT, now I have bumps all over my trunk... is it normal for PR to heal in some spots, and appear in other spots? I don't understand-- I thought I was healing! The herald patch is almost gone too! Aaagh!

• Posted

Hello All,

I've also had PR in between my legs legs and on vagina. From reading all the comments, I started washing with head n sholders (cool on contact). I don't use a wash rag on my body. Just rub it all over let it sit for no more than 5 mins, then get in the shower and rinse it off. After that I use the white dove soap. Pat yourself dry, don't rub. I then let it air dry for about a half hour, then I start to apply my moisturizers. I use cocoanut oil first all over my body, then I apply the aveno moisturizing lotion with the purple top. That will help with to get the color back in your skin also. Then I mix together, A&D ointment, petroleum jelly, shea butter lotion and oatmeal lotion and l leave some that it's not rubbed all the way in my skin. So that it will soak into your body as you start your day or go to bed. I make sure that I take vitamin C and D3 everyday. I go out into the sun, which I really don't ever do, this really helps. Don't stay out long, about 10 mins here and there. Also let sunlight get in between your legs. I'll just sit in my backyard with a tank top and a towel around me so that I can open my legs. I've just started this on Fri and THANK GOD as of today, they are drying up and the itch isn't bad at all. I do the wash at least twice a day. Especially when you start to feel yourself itchy. Even if you don't get in the shower, just go the the sink and rub the head n shoulders on, with luke warm water. Stay away from a hot shower. The cocoanut oil is a life saver along with all of the above I mentioned. Get in between your legs real good and remember to get some sunlight. It really, really, works. I put head n shoulders on my face and I burned myself. I shouldn't have made a mask of it and also slept in it. WRONG move, so I haven't put it on my face anymore. Get all the above, don't forget the dove soap and try it. It's GREAT!! Thanks to everyone for all the tips. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.