PR on Face, Or Something Else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I've had PR on my stomach, chest and now my back/on both inner arms for about 3 weeks now. Yay. It's delightful! 

I noticed about two weeks ago that the skin on my jawline and up to my midcheek was very bumpy and I had a line of uneven red bumps kind of like the ones from the PR on my right cheek. I thought (hoped) it was just acne, but it's been a while and none of the bumps have gone away. I've applied tea tree oil at least twice a day, still not much improvement.

The texture of the skin is soft, but kind of like bumpy rubber, if that makes any sense. Bumps are visible in a certain light, not at casual glance. They look kind of like acne, only very close together and not coming to a head. I've had plenty of experience with pimples and these aren't those!

I haven't made any changes to my skincare routine, which is simply to wash my face with water in the morning, then tone with rosewater and use a Vitamin C/zince oxide sunscreen moisturizer that wasn't giving me much trouble before (just making my forehead a little bit bumpier, but those were way smaller than the ones now on my jaw.) At night I wash with glycerin soap, more rosewater and then a vitamin A & retinyl palmitate night cream. Never had any reactions with any of these before.

I've been careful not to get any medications/new stuff on my face since dealing with the PR. I don't know if this is something new (oh, yay, that's all I need!) or just more PR spreading to my face. I've heard that PR usually doesn't show up on the face, so I'm at a loss. 

Trying to get a doctor's referral to a dermatologist, so at least then I can get a straight answer!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

PR missed my neck but i did have a couple of isolated flat red circles on my face. Below the neckline i was covered in a red carpet of flat red/purple blotches ....down to my ankles and soles of my feet and palms of hands...i was lucky they didnt itch...except they did burn in the sun and heat.So u probably need a biopsy to confirm as staz as said
    • Posted

Thanks, guys!

The good news is that the spots on my face are fading. I've been using oatmeal as a cleanser (grinding it up in my blender/adding water) and a face mask, which seems to be helping. 

Shaq, not to alarm you, but PR doesn't show up on soles of feet or palms. I definitely don't have it on mine. Is it possible YOU didn't actually have PR? rolleyes

I'm waiting to get a referral from my doctor so I can see my local dermatologist. I'm fine with a biopsy if it can confirm what exactly I have, if it's not PR after all. 

• Posted

i insisted on a biopsy which i had...although the dermatologist had diagnosed PR and insisted that that was what it was (by the classic christmas tree pattern on my back)  ..and at the follow up meeting with him he said 'See what did i tell u ...i told u that it was PR and i was right.' I never saw the report but assume biopsy confirmed it....and then lathered myself with prescription cortico steroid cream ....eventually went after 5 months and the dark stains on my skin  remained for almost a year. ..I can still see the stains left by the 2 herald patches on my lower back after 2 yrs of first getting it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.