Pradaxa (dabigatran) and massage

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm post-PE and now on lifelong Pradaxa (following a month on Clexane). I see that the written material I received advised not receiving massages or tattoos while on Pradaxa... does this mean I can never have a massage again? (Oh the bliss I will miss!)

Has anyone had any experience with this (good or bad) that they can share?

Many thanks in anticipation.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can only suppose that pradaxa will make you more prone to bruising.
  • Posted

I have been on since August everything seems ok. Just tired all the time no energy. I am trying to look more into it. From what I have read there is no antidote like Warfrin. I am trying to grasp for life thing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.