Pray For Me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have had Ankle ligament reconstruction surgery.

From The day, I have problems, sometimes I have really bad pain in metatarsal and almost all toe joints, and in week 13 after the surgery this pain was awful!

From month 5, my main problem was pain and strange feeling in knee. Especially after 5 min and more walking, the pain is so much that makes me unable to walk; it’s inside knee and sometimes in back of knee. I don’t know what that is...

I go to the surgeon & told about it, he told me it’s because my knee have become weak, and I should make it strong again! He told me to lie down and bring my leg up; he told its better to use weight while bringing my leg up...

Is exercising going to help? I have tried that...

And recently in month 6 after that surgery, I have a new pain, I have pain inside knee when walking; AND ALSO I have pain in Hip joint of the same leg... What is wrong? And what should I do?

Doctors don’t help, I think they don’t know what’s wrong OR they know this is the result of surgery! I just want to know anyone else here which Ankle problems had lead to pain in Hip, or problem in walking...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

OK this may in your case may be a long shot but I think it is worth considering. Many pains can be traced to ones back not being in a balanced state as I have found in the past.

With any painful situation one tends to try to compensate and this often directly effects the back.

I suggest that you find a good chiropractor (not a McTimoney one) who will check you over and very likely find that your back needs some correction. Nothing to be afraid of BTW.

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Thank you,

I have tried so many things but not yet chiropractors, maybe because they are not a popular things in my country. Right now I searched and first I did not find any, majority of them orthopedic doctors which also do the chiropractor job.

But then I find one Doctor which is D.C. from Chiropractic College, University of Parker Dallas, Texas. Is Chiropractic College, University of Parker, Dallas ok? I right now managed a time to go to see him.

Thanks,

• Posted

Well done. You certainly should avoid an osteopath. A qualified chiropractor will be able to see if your body is correctly aligned and if not why not and should be able to correct it. This can make a huge difference and regardless of it being the complete answer is in my opinion as a someone who has experienced it is an excelled starting point.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

I'm so sorry for all your pain. I'm right there with you-and I get the fear- is this EVER going to get better?

I don't have answers for you but I am glad u are on this forum where u can talk to others going through similar experiences and see how they do seem to find solutions eventually.which provides me with hope and not feeling so alone in this situation..

I have heard from others and am currently experiencing -ligament damage it is very painful and is supposed to take a very long time to heal. I'm sorry about that- I'm not there yet either and have a long way to go. For me on my bad moments I stay in the fear- in the good ones believing there will be a solution for me eventually -whether it's time- physical therapy- ankle replacement...

I totally totally get the frustration and fear. Perhaps pray for patience , direction on what course to take next and faith that this will work out.

🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

Hi I fractured my ankle last year Nov and had done surgery resulting to one plate and 9 screws... 😔 It's been 3 months and I have difficulties walking my better leg is weak and I can walk straight... I usually have this pain on the lower back when I start walking for 10 mins and that awful pain will stop me from walking. Seen my doctor and he said my better legs are getting weaker and needed me to put balanced pressure so that I don't hurt my knees but I am so unsure of how to put the balance pressure while walking. I limp a lot while walking. Perhaps try with yr PT they might come up with some relevant exercise to soothe the pain don't strain yrself too much. Take it slow all the best 👍🏻

• Posted

I can suggest a few exercises that my physical therapist is having me do for my hips and legs and core while I am working on recovering from my ankle surgery.  These exercises will not put any pressure on your knees or back.  If you look up an exercise called the clam shell you can do this.  I bought full circle loop exercise bands like they have at my therapy to do this too for more resistance and muscle building.  Lie on your side and bend your knees.  You open your top legs knee up while keeping your feet together so you look like a little clam.  If you add the band put it around your knees.  She also has me lie on my back with my legs hip distance apart and the band around my knees.  I press the small of my back into the table, the contract the buttocks and lift your bum off the floor then release and go back down and repeat.  These two things alone should increase your strength in your legs and hips.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.