Pre occupation And in my own anxious world.. Who else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just putting it out there but who else's mind is pre occupied and constantly chattering about their anxiety and "illness", including over analysing things.

id say at the moment 80% of my day I'm in my own world and find it difficult to concentrate. I can turn it down and do distracting things but very rarely am I not focused on my condition or dealing with some anxiety. 

I've been here with previous relapses and know when I'm getting better as I "involuntarily" switch off and am not in my own world but have periods of complete normality even if it's for a few minutes albeit I switch back again, I do hang onto those moments and smile to myself as it's a nice feeling.

I've never asked anyone else if they experience the same?

Neil x 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Mine certainly is. I'm sat here now wanting to go out but my mind is plagued and I feel scared and overwhelmed and muddled.

My mind doesn't have any natural normal thoughts like " what shall I make for the tea tonight",it's like that part of my brain is blocked off.

Im 6 days into a increase of meds so I don't know if that's part of it. Waiting for it to settle. All I know is I don't feel very secure or comfortable xx

• Posted

I feel the same as you both I'm just constantly aware of how I'm thinking feeling n I can't switch off I'm constantly on this site n checking for you new posts it's like anxiety is my life I can't seem to get on with anything else or relax or enjoy anything, it's really exhausting n I duno how il ever feel 'normal' coz it's the first thing I'm aware of sad
    • Posted

Looks like it's a common feature for us, I know from past experience that normality does return just not overnight.

• Posted

Definately have this... I am 6 weeks into my medication and a few weeks into my therapy. All appeared to be going well, but a few panic attacks out of the blue in new places i have never had a problem with has thrown me off balance the last week! I have a viewing on my house today so am trying to get it cleaned even though really i want to have a long bath or walk the dog. I over analyse everything at the moment, every thought, every sensation but i am better than i was 6 weeks ago so that is a plus! Just wish these panic attacks and the constant dizziness would get lost!!!
    • Posted

I have to go look at a new house tomorrow and I'm petrified...have to go into town to have a interview and collect the keys. Months ago this wouldn't even of been a issue xx
    • Posted

It sucks doesn't it? I have always been highly strung and anxious but feel like im scared of my own shadow at the minute!  And yet, i'm not worried about my health as much as i was a few months back...its very hard to understand sometimes😭
    • Posted

It is Hun. My head is a fuzz one minute..then scared and anxious ...then tired but thoughts won't stop. It's up and down and feels like cr*p. can't concentrate or focus. Can't hold a conversation. Just feel terrible xx
    • Posted

I have been the same since Saturday evening, but i think im picking up again... Maybe its because i am very busy today and occupied, but i just realised i hadn't had an anxious thought for about an hour, not much to some people but you will understand im sure...i hate housework, but it seems to be helping today... One day at a time Gillian, you been doing so well, don't lose hope... Like you said to me the other day, its just a blip xxxx
  • Posted

There was a beginning, we weren't born to be anxious, we started with something that triggered these feelings. Then it became a habit, something we anticipated, something that became part of the day, something that we made real.

It's like we have a sequence of events when we get up in the morning, we all do our ritual, we all know what that is, we do the same when we are trained for a job which can be very redundant, same thing every day, only if we do it better we may get a promotion, and a raise.

Same with this anxiety, it's a ritual, we anticipate, we expect, we are conditioned. Well that ritual can be stopped, that habit can be stopped just like any other habit. Habits are hard to break, especially if we have lived with them for a long time, time is the key, I broke my habits, after a time, and started new ones, positive habits, habits that were good for me, habits that made me feel good, so, there is a beginning for good habits also, time to realize that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.