pre op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have had a call to bring my operation forward I have my pre op tomorrow however I have oral thrush from anti biotics taken recently can they cancel due to it? I'm so worried they will has anyone had anything similar x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hiย 

i would say no. My friend had perpetual oral thrush before her gallbladder op and they went ahead with it.. They check for strep in the mouth and nose ย urine infections etc .. But even if they don't like the thrush they will just give you some form of thrush treatment lozenges or liquid etc to ensure you can have op. That's what the pre ops for .. Spotting a problem and giving you mess to ensure op goes ahead ... Try not to worryย 

• Posted

Medicine ...lol ... Oh and after my friends gallbladder was removed this year her thrush problem disappeared .. ๐Ÿ‘
    • Posted

Great I'll stop stressing now smile I've been so scared as been desperate for the op smile thanks for you're help xx
    • Posted

Well they said there is a possibility it wouldnt go ahead so im now gargling with some stuff from drs which is awful but it seems to be a little better im praying (very rare for me) just hope it all goes ahead. Xxx
  • Posted

Not sure if they will do the op but I would not think they would cancel.

I think the thing here is you have to be honest with them and tell them about the thrush. It is then up to them.

Hope you have your op and feel much better afterwards.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

How's the op? How are you?

Hope you're doing well these days though i'm late for giving my feedback.

Prayers for you

xoxo

• Posted

All done smile op went very well took a while though as in their words it was a "very nasty" gallbladder.

Im back home feeling bit sore & sleepy but no gall bladder pain smile thankuou all for youre messaages xxxx

• Posted

Good to hear that! smile

Just take your time to recover and look out your food intake. smile

Keep us posted ! smile

katherine

xxx

• Posted

So pleased ๐Ÿ˜Š

You will heal on the outside quicker than inside so no lifting mo hoovering or sweeping ...or you'll ache like you've been kicked like a mule ..๐Ÿด

Takes 6 weeks to physically recover and 3 months to get your energy back then yippee !!!!! You will be full of beans ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

but right now you will feel better already to be shot of a rotten rotting gallbladder .๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

• Posted

The gas is bit hard work but its coming out lol

i dared to have some toast and marge no pain and it was amazing! They said try get back to a normal diet so ill let it all settle and then try introducing bits.

Im so happy xxxxxx

• Posted

Hiย 

i was nervous for a couple of days then someone bought me a pkt of maltessers and I ate two no problem then 3 then 4 .. I was delighted .. I soon started to eat normally which I hadn't been able to do for years .. So happy ..so enjoy introducing all the foods you haven't been able to eat ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.