Pre op appointment on Friday lap surgery to remove a cyst repair the ovary and remove adhesions..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Don't really know what to expect... I'm only 22 I'm really scared. What am I looking at for recovery time? Pain and experience after surgery? Tell me about your experiences please help put my mind at ease

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi:

You might want to re-post and use "scared: Friday laparoscopy" or "help! Worried about laparoscopy" or something like that.

It's been too long for me since my laparoscopy to be able to recall those details. Get yourself some gum to chew afterwards, as soon as they'll let you as it stimulates stomach action which helps get rid of the gas they pumping inside of you so they can see better. Doesn't matter whether you chew a whole piece or a half piece, but it helps.

If you have never had any surgery then it will feel worse than it would to me, as I've had 5 abdominal surgeries and 3 other major surgeries. Usually recovery from any lap is quick, especially at your age. If it's nothing big I'd expect 2 days. But call the doc or surgeon's office as they know exactly what is planned, though of course any surgery is subject to the caveat, "depends what we find." I hate that phrase, but it's honest.

Hope all goes smoothly for you.

• Posted

Hi Mrs Lake,

Try not to worry, i had a 10cm cervical cyst removed last year and a cervical cyst and womb biopsy taken at the same time. I was a wreck before also.

It all went well, the pain after was fine as your still dosed up. I couldnt leave same day as i couldnt wee and after a GA you have to wee before they let you go.

I came home the next day and was up doing things a couple of days later, i was still tender and took things slowly but after a week or so I was back to normal apart from 1 incision which remained feeling wierd and a tiny bit sore for about 2 weeks but it soon healed and now you cant even see any of my scars.

I only took the pain meds for 2 days max.

The pain that is probably the most bothersome is the gas which hurts your shoulder after. Once i moved around the day after the gas moved and that hurt. I knew this would happen prior so I had already bought windeze to take, not sure that helped but the gas pain goes after a day or 2.

Honestly dont worry, you will be fine, im still suprised how quick the recovery was and how i have pretty much no scar whatsoever.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.