Pre-op next week

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was put on the waiting list for a full abdo hysterectomy last month, due to heavy periods, fibroids and endo. The consultant said the op would likely be in a few months. I've received a date for my pre-op though and it's next Tuesday, a lot sooner than I thought it would be!

Does anyone know what sort of timescales I'm looking at for the op itself?? I'm looking forward to getting in there and getting it over with, but I'm looking at my caseload in work and if the op will be in March I need to have a serious sort out asap lol!

Thanks xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Morning Hayley

I had my pre-op tests a few weeks before my operation and a further blood test a couple of days before i went in. You should have received a date for the operation before your pre-op tests. Maybe worth giving the hospital or your consultant a call to check.

Good Luck.

• Posted

hi i had my pre op early january was told it be withing 20 weeks you get 2 weeks notice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.