Pre op over

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi  went for my pre op tue 15 th  was anxious but no need to have been everyone was so nice ,  had an e c g  bloods  and a long chat with a lovely nurse who understood how scared I was. So that's the first part over  the 11 th sept is only weeks away now and  I have to admit  I'm terrified  but this time next month it will be over . The nurse asked if I would like a sensitive before going down , my answer  yes please I will have two lots lol  . At least  I will feel  relaxed  . Oh my I wish it was over . Xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Glad your pre op went okay! I was the same I was so anxious and wanted everything to be over with, I am now 3 weeks post op, I had a sedative before I had my anaesthetic  in, it just feels like you've had one two many drinks you didn't order and according to my mum(who had to come to th anaesthetic room as my heart dropped said I was out before the anaesthetic came in, and I don't remember anything!! Feel free to ask me any questions as I am happy to help, 

Megan x

• Posted

Hi Megan  your description of the sedative sounds good and has made me feel  better knowing I will feel  like I've had one too many lol. It's great talking to people who have been through, or waiting for the procedure. What did you feel like when you woke up, and how hard was it to move. I'm having cyst both ovaries and tubes out , the surgeon said I would be off work for six weeks how about you? Did you have to stay in hospital, and was it laparoscopic surgery . Mine is meant to be so fingers crossed   How are you feeling now ? Karen. Xx take care

• Posted

When I woke up I was high as a kite drugged with morphine and my mum was there in recovery, I was in recovery for about an hour they said and my surgery took 2 hours, but I didn't feel any pain at all (because of the drugs) but once I stood up to go toilet with the nurses I couldn't walk because of the fluid they put in me to protect my organs I was so so so swollen but it was alright in a few days, I just slept a lot of my recovery, I had a complex ovarian cyst that was part fluid and part solid 7cm and I just had that removed and it was laprascopicly but my incision where the cyst came out was really bruised and deep as they tried to do it keyhole rather than open so they stretch my skin to the point it bruised but they are all healing nicely, I had 4 incisions, I had a biopsy whilst I was in surgery and still yet to know the results, how big is your ovarian cyst? I was meant to stay in but when I came back to the ward I was soooo high but I managed to eat something and drink something and then later on could go to the toilet so they were happy to discharge me which was great, I came back to the ward at 4.15pm and went home at 6 , I'm feeling miles better now thankyou, it really does make a difference the surgery, if t caused you so much pain and upset like it did for me you'll feel like a whole new person smile take care yourself and try not to worry I know it's easier said than done smile 

Megan xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.