Pre-op wait

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm awaiting a thr and having a pre- op assessment tomorrow. Any ideas how long the surgery  will be after that?

Getting worse by the day now.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have no idea. I'm having a first consult on September 23rd. I'm not sure what the wait would be. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Lois.

Good luck with your appointment.

• Posted

The surgery is usually within 6 weeks of the pre-op assessment. 
    • Posted

Thank you for that information, fingers crossed it is only 6 more weeks.

Some light at the end of a very long, painful tunnel.

• Posted

Hi Fran,

3 of my friends have had operations here in Devon for knee and hip replacements and none of them waited longer than 4 weeks after the pre-op assessment.  It probably depends on where you live, but I  know they have to do the op within a certain time otherwise pre-ops have to be done again.

Wishing you all the best and I hope the op is successful and you are soon pain free.  

• Posted

Hi and thank you so much for your very encouraging news.

I live in Swansea and I know the waiting list time is horrendous in Wales.

When I saw the consultant my latest X-ray shows my hip has deteriorated massively so I'm now on his urgent list.

Fingers crossed for later this morning.

• Posted

Oh bless you Fran,  I hope they get you in really quickly, I would imagine they would seeing as you are on the urgent list.  Let us know how it goes x
    • Posted

Pre-op completed but still no date.

I was a bit shocked to find out how bad my hip is, it's crumbling with AVN so I don't think... At least hope... It won't be too long.

• Posted

I have now been waiting for 21 weeks, just over the 18 week target. I rang the hospital and they told me that I am still way down the list and should not get a date until after Christmas! I hope your wait is not as long.
    • Posted

Hello,

Well the latest news is... I was "pencilled" in for 31st of this month but realistically because the surgeon is dealing with previous cancellations and trauma cases I probably won't have my op until well into November and that's on the urgent list.

To be honest I'm absolutely worn out dealing with the pain and no sleep. I'm like tiny tears crying all the time.

Needless to say my MRSA swabs will need to be re taken as they will be out of date by then !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.