Pre opp diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys starting my pre opp diet tomorrow so nervous

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be!i had my op two weeks ago yesterday was 17st 12 now 15st 9 x best thing I've ever done! And so worth it x

• Posted

it depends on which pre op diet you are doing (all hosps and dieticians seem to have their own version even though the aim is the same - ie to shrink your liver in readiness for the op) but some are more stringent than others however its important you stick exactly to whats on your diet sheet cos the way i seen it is that it is your chance to make the op as straight forward as poss for the surgeon and this can only be good for your recovery if there are no snags due to a fatty liver - of crs any wgt loss is a bonus but its not the main aim here - my advice would be to have as much variety as poss within the confines of yr diet sheet - so if you are allowed sugar free jelly have diff flavours - if it says veg soup then make sure you have diff varieties and spread out what you are allowed evenly over the day so that you are never more than a couple of hrs from either a  drink or something to eat - have everything you are allowed and you wont be hungry =- g00d luck
    • Posted

Thank you so much. In really confused. The people I booked with gave me a diet and my dietitian gave another one
    • Posted

give them a ring - presumably you are paying for this and it is important you get it right so if both diet sheets are different ask them which you should do  - sounds very confusing i have to say and thats not on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.