Predicting the unpredictable

Posted , 4 users are following.

My cycles are completely unpredictable at the moment - anywhere between 16 and 42 days (and counting).

I've never really suffered from PMS, but usually knew that my period would come in the next few days because my breasts were tender. Well now they are sore all the time (sometimes more than others).

So now I really have no idea when my period will start and have no idea whether it will start with spotting or heavy flow.

Does anyone have any solutions to this or other symptoms that could signify a period is going to come - especially when they are further apart?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I would love to know too!!! I wear a pad everyday because when your in peri you just never know what will happen I have a period tracker app that I use which it has my periods at 41 days on average I used to be every 26-28 days it was so regular and now ughhh so annoying I can relate with the pms the week before I would get nite sweats Brest would be sore I could get crampy now my breast could stay sore all month I could get cramps at any time these symptoms are so annoying I should have gotten my period on Wednesday which would have been 28 days I use that for reference according to the app I have ten more days to goo like the app because I will keep track of my symptoms which is helpful in a sense! I had blood work done and my hormone levels were normal but my primary feels that I'm in perimenopause because all the symptoms he said blood work he can't just go by that! My gp is great thank god very open minded I just wish it would come to a end my period I used to have it for five or six days now it's like 8-10 and always comes at the wrong time my periods are very painful always have been so it's a nightmare when I do bleed it also has gotten heavier where day two and three used to be the heaviest now I can go up to day four and five as well!!!!! My mother breezed through menopause and she was 48 when she stopped I'm 48 and now waiting for my next period I would say my peri has been going on since I'm 42 symptoms were subtle and have gotten worse as time goes on whew I wrote a book lol thanks for listening

• Posted

Very much looking forward to the periods stopping too!
  • Posted

I would love to know too! I love the idea of a period tracker app. I'm going to search for it now. 

I do find my brain fog is way worse just before my period--but it is pretty intrusive all the time, so that isn't always the best marker. But when I get to the point where I am at work and have no idea how I got dressed or in the car--my period is probably coming.

I also find myself hating more people aroiund me and having generally no tolerance for humanity about a week before it starts, so I am relying on those 2 things right now. 

I wish the app would tell you when your perimenopause period is coming! 

• Posted

I have a period tracker app (Clue) but it has only just in the last few days extended what it thinks my cycle is from 25 days to 28. It can't "predict" my irregular cycles at all. It also only seems to keep data for the past year, so if you want to keep tracking your cycles then you need some other means too.

Hmm, brain fog, yes I get that feeling, but again it's pretty much all the way through these days...

• Posted

I installed the app on my phone. It seems to calculate a geometric progression of my cycle based on the data I entered. Even if it is not completely accurate, the app should really be useful to the doctor during my appointments.  Thanks! 
  • Posted

I just remember wearing a pad most of the time in peri!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.