Predisolone Suppositories

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

i have been diagonsed with Ulcerative colitis (proctitis). its only 2cm in. i am still bleeding each time i go to the bathroom nowhere nearas bad when i first started having these symptoms in February but still bleeding. my doctor has prescribed predisolone suppositories for 3 weeks. when i take the supoisotories i get constipation and severe wind. i havent had and oral suppositories because the doctor thinks i dont need them. i know i shouldnr but i skip a day and use the supositoriss. what else can be done to stop the bleeding. Also i am getting severe gas cramps i have to use a water bottle and literally lie on my stomach. is this because of UC? so much bloating and wind if its only proctitis why does my stomach become so swollen? and each time i touch the right side of my stomach it feels tender. Sorry for all these questions i dont see my consultant till end of july.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am feel do bad for you...this disease is a constant battle. Based on my 30 year experience with UC, I would suggest keeping a journal and documenting everything from your diet, your exercise, your symptoms, ect...so you can present it to your doctor. I have played with changing and decreasing my meds and I would not recommend it without talking to your doctor first. You need to get into remission as soon as possible. There are meds available for pain, so ask your doctor. Personally, I would say exercise and stretch and drink a lot of water. Stop carbonated drinks and coffee. Experiment with your diet to see if some foods are making your symptoms worse. On bad days, I give my stomach a rest and do chicken broth, jello, and gentle food. I really hope that you will find some relief...
  • Posted

Hi Sophie 

Usually U Colitis is on the left side but you can get it much further around the colon & you can get constipated on the right side. It you are constipated that with cause pain & could aggravate the rectal area as you try to pass it. The suppositories with calm down the inflammation in that area & I think you should use them each night or as prescribed by you doctor. Drinking more water & having some fibre in your diet with hopefully get the constipation shifted. If you’re  in pain & it’s not easing then I don’t think you should wait until the end of July. Your symptoms might be something that your doctor wasn’t originally aware of so they might decide on a different course of action. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.