Prednisone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Got steroid shot plus oral pack. After first day's dosage, had flushing, 10 min. of confusion and memory loss. I stopped meds and have been fine. Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI! I WANT YOU TO READ MY EXPERIENCE. I HAVE RA AND PMR among other illnesses which PREDNISONE doesnt apply. MY Rheumatologist put me on PRED. as that us really the only thing that touches PMR. it worked wonders and he kept me on 15-20mgs. for 4 thats right4yrs. way too long........it finally stopped working and after a WEIGHT GAIN of 61 lbs. I had had it. so as my RA doc wasnt really listening, i decided to reduce my intake by one mg. a month. AFTER NO CHANGE I CONTINUED.. We had discussed the amounts awile ago and he said fine. i had no bad effects going off of it except that after 2 years I am the same healthwise....my RA is horrendous......i canbarely walk even with a walker. but to this date I have lost71 lbs.

i am telling you this because this may be a sign to stay off dont go back on and make the doc tor find another med. i dont inow what is you illness but as if there is anything else. i have heard horror stories like your about PRED. i did also lose some hair but that grew back in the beginning. i also looked so grotesque with a swollen face ....so you had one result which was awful. You could get something just as or worse if you try it again. i wouldnt. just my opinion.

ps it took my a year and a half to lose the weight, but i was determined to get off of it!!!

BAD STUFF!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.