Prednisone and "inappropriate happiness"

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was just looking up sleeping problems as a side affect and also saw "inappropriate happiness" as a side effect.  Whereas it struck me funny, I'm also a little afraid as to what that means.  As of yet, I don't believe I've had any inappropriate happiness...  hmm!

Anybody heard of this OR experienced this? 

Becca

Just wondering.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey There, 'Innapropriate happiness' struck me as funny, too. And as it turns out I'm actually experiencing some version of it right now, along with a slight high feeling. All of it is euphoric. I've never taken prednisone until now. I've been on it 4 days at 50mg a day, and after a week I'll taper off. I'm definitely not complaining about it for one second, more so just noting that I think it exists. I'm enjoying everything even more than I would have without it. An upside to being on them!

• Posted

Enjoy it while you can, it doesn't last long - then reality steps in.  Welcome to the club no-one wants to be in.  You will need a lot of help in future and the best help/information you can get is on this forum.

💐💐

• Posted

smile thank you. this is for a vocal cord cyst. I'm only on for 2 weeks total.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.