Prednisone and/or prednisolone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been taking prednisolone and changed to prednisone? If so, what was the regimen to make the change? Also, was there a noticeable difference in direct effects or side effects?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks, all. Of course anyone having made the change is invited to contribute.
  • Posted

When I was diagnosed first I was put on 20mg of Prednisolone,which helped no end I was able to move every part of my body where before the pain restritched me to even tying up my hair that was back in March of this year the back lash was it gave me Diabetes 2 and high colestral which I have been on metaformin for I'm now on 10 mg and my Blood sugars have come down too so expect great results also set backs hopefully on my next doctors visits I'll beable to cut the steriods down t 5mg

• Posted

So, linda, are you now on prednisone instead of prednisolone? And did you just change one day to the next?
    • Posted

no still on PrednisoloneNo I went down to 15 first for a2 months now I'm on 10 so next time I'll ask the question

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.