Prednisone reduction: retrospective

Posted , 20 users are following.

Just for fun today I looked back at the very first post I made to this forum.  Wow!  Just about everything I have ever needed to know was contained in the ensuing thread.  Thank you, thank you, everyone who's been helping me along this road, especially Eileen, also Ptolomy, and others.  ?

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, I read through that entire original thread and found out some important new information.  I love it when something is said in a slightly different way and then it hits home for me, thanks for posting this - it was very helpful to me!  
  • Posted

Anhaga,

I agree with you. This website has gotten me through some very tough times, thank you all. And yes Eileen has been great, knowledgeable, patient, understanding, and strong enough to control the pain induced emotions of a group like this. 

Charles92035

• Posted

I agree Anhaga, I do not know where I would be today with if I had not found the forum a year ago. I was in a wheelchair, had too increase my dosage from 7 mg to 30 mg to get any relief and was depressed. With the help of people on the forum especially EileenH I got moving again. Current dosage 9 tapering to 8, working as an ski instructor and feeling good.

Thanks to all of you on the forum. Thinking positive with a smile on my face. ☺️

• Posted

Is there still a group called PMRUSA that was started using Yahoo 3 years ago?  I found an old post from back then and wondering if there is a support group for Canadians and US citizens who have been diagnosed with PMR?  I am very interested in perhaps organic support groups in my area for people with this condition.  Thank you.
    • Posted

I used to check in on that every once in a while but there was no action and haven't thought about it for ages.  Trouble is you don't get notifications, so it's not top  of mind.  Very few people signed up initially anyway.

Where in Canada are you?  I'm in Nova Scotia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.