Prednisone taper too fast ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wendy and Eileen , 

Thank you for your replies. I’m not sure if my last bout of acid reflux, belly pain , and diarrhea occurred after my last taper from 5 -  4 mgs , but it seems logical. I am also on Bystolic for blood pressure and generic Cymbalta for depression. Recently I read the same information about the lower the dose the slower the taper, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have had chronic diarrhea since the symptoms of PMR started and had a colonoscopy 3 years ago. It  showed a couple of benign polyps and my usual diverticulosis. I am an extremely anxious person and these symptoms certainly don’t help my anxiety . In answer to your suggestion for a slower taper , I don’t think my doctor’s would be on board with that. I’m losing faith in most of my doctor’s. They don’t think “ outside the box “. 

Thanks for for both of your responses .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My pleasure - but you know, it is surprising what doctors will allow once you ask them nicely. At worst they say no...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.