Prednisone Therapy

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am on day 11 of a 12 day prednisone regimen after attack. . I posted on here shortly after I started and started feeling better after like day two at which time the fullness almost totally disappeared and my hearing was much better in the right ear. The dosage is down to morning and evening, but I woke up this morning and my head seemed full again (pressure) and I could not hear in my right ear as well. Also just a general woozy feeling. No more episodes of vertigo at this point. I thought the prednisone had cleared up my problem. Also feeling woozy today. No more episodes of vertigo at this point. I thought the prednisone head cleared up my problem, but I'm wondering if this pressure or fullness is because the dosage has been reduced and is almost over. I do not go back to the doctor until a week from tomorrow.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been suffering for a year now. Recently I found out Dramamine and boy it has been a life saver. I use the less drowsy version and it clears my vertigo in 30 mins. But I take it only as needed and always have a pack with me when I leave home. I hope this helps someone and hoping that there is a cure for this soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.