Prednisone withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 18 users are following.

i have been slowly reducing my Predisone over the past 8 months.  I am now on 5 mg.  battling to get below that.  I am experiencing horrific hot flushes accompanied by intense sweating.  Doesn't last long but really awful.  Feels different from the hot flush from menopause.  Heat comes from my back, if that makes sense, and then spreads to my neck etc. back gets so hot that I have to stand up to cool off.  Could this be withdrawal symptoms from preds and if so how long does it last.  We are in our summer with 35 degree temperatures and I am suffering with at least 10 a day and wakes me at night.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too, experience awful, dripping sweats throughout the day. My hair is soaked, and my face is shiny with sweat. Anyone in speaking distance can see the outbreak. i am not sure if the cause is from prednisone withdrawal because I stopped the steroid because it was increasing my pressure - but I still struggle with the sweats. It is far worst than menopause.

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but I hope you can answer my question

I've been off corticosteroids for 3 months, and currently experiencing the same symptoms(hot flashes). While they did get better, I'm still not recovered.

My question is: did the hot flashes go away? And how much time did it take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.