Prednisone Withdrawal symptoms after 3weeks??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Brief backstory, I'm 18 years old and couple weeks ago I was prescribed 40 mg of prednisone to be taken at the ER. At that time they predicted it was an asthma attack(i informed them i had a history of asthma) though there was no actual evidence that it was that or an anxiety attack. Either way, they told me to take it for 4 or so days and follow up with my regular doctor.

I did as told, 40 mg a day but on the last day i tapered myself down to 20 mg due to how terrible it was making me feel. (Fever,chills,etc)

It's 3 weeks starting today and my body still feels strange after just 4 days of taking it. Although not as severe as the first days of withdrawal, I have been experiencing brain fog, blurred vision, body chills, headaches. I've been to the doctor and the ER again after that one visit but both reported that I was fine and that there isn't anything wrong with me. I've read a couple of discussions on here but most have been dealing with the long term whereas mine was only 4 days and its almost routing to a month?? I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this? I'm getting paranoid and I don't know what else to do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Shania,

As you can see from the forum people can get a reaction from predisone after a few days. I did and stopped . I took 35mg for 3 days and 15mg on the 4th day. I had to stop. I didn't sleep for 3 nights. I had bad headaches, dizziness, red face,sweating/chills, shaky,pressure in forehead and pressure behind eyes,burning scalp. Lips, gums and nose felt inflamed. I kept feeling I was going to faint. I never felt as sick. It can trigger anxiety which can make symptoms feel worse.

The chemist told me the symptoms are not common but it does happen to some people. He said make sure I tell the doctor so I'm not prescribed them again.

Hope you will better soon

Rita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.